Thursday, January 24, 2013

Book Review: See by Jackie Nacht

Fourteen-year-old Drew is constantly bullied and ridiculed at school after coming out months before. In an act of desperation, he decides it would be better for everyone if he ended his life. Before he has the chance, an apparition, who looks to be a boy his own age, appears and pleads with him to reconsider. Explaining that he is Drew's future husband, Mason sets out to show Drew that life is indeed worth living.

I really enjoyed this story! It was heartbreaking to read about the torture Drew endured at the hands of his narrow-minded classmates, but my heart also warmed when he was shown his life in the future. The MCs, as well as the secondary characters, were very likable and I found myself hoping Drew wouldn't carry out his plan because so much happiness was in store.

One thing I took from this story is that no matter how bleak things may be right now, only you can take the necessary steps to make it better. There is light at the end of the tunnel and life can be so good and definitely worth living. I highly recommend this book!


~ M

No comments:

Post a Comment