Friday, December 13, 2013

Skin Deep by Hank's Lady

Skin Deep by Hank's Lady

Kyle is good looking, wealthy and seemingly has boundless opportunities in life. Many would give their right arm for just a fraction of what he has. Even though he has the world at his feet, he is also very shallow, superficial, cruel and emotionally unavailable. His father runs a successful modeling agency, so looks are everything in his family. When a witch casts a spell on Kyle in order to teach him a lesson, he soon discovers that there are more important things in this world than how a person looks or what kind of status he/she has. A lonely vampire slowly shows Kyle that love is worth more than all treasures of the world.

When I started reading this story, I was unfamiliar with the movie Beastly. I knew a little bit from the trailers I'd seen when it was released years ago, but I had no clue about the characters. I recently had the opportunity to watch the film and it provided a great backdrop for Hank Lady's latest tale. Kyle is the epitome of the man you love to hate. He's mean, attitudinal, shallow and just an overall prick. Edward is so shy and melancholy that I constantly want to reach through the computer screen and give him a hug. The developing relationship between the two main characters is both sweet and frustrating (in a good way), and I can't wait to see where it goes in future chapters.

~ M

Story links: FF.net  TWCS

Banner by Mina Rivera

No comments:

Post a Comment