Tuesday, June 3, 2014

I ❤️ Yaoi: Puchi Puri (Petite Prince) by Mishima Kazuhiko

Hello!!! Today's adorable yaoi selection is
Puchi Puri (Petite Prince)
by Mishima Kazuhiko!

When I first read this manga, I was enchanted by the adorable characters and the wonderfully sweet storyline. Puchi Puri  tells the story of Yuuji and Atsushi. Even though many years separate them in age, Yuuji finds Atsushi to be an enchanting little boy who is too cute for words. Over time, Atsushi develops a crush on his older family friend and confesses his love for him. Slightly horrified, Yuuji rejects him, but Atsushi is not deterred. He promises that when he grows up he will return for Yuuji's affections and win them!

Ten years later, Yuuji gets the surprise of his life when little Atsushi reappears in his life. He's no longer the little boy who looked up to him with wonder and awe. He's now a man who is determined to win the heart of the man he's loved since childhood.

I have to admit that I was a little apprehensive going into this because the whole adult/child storyline struck me as sketchy. However, as the story played out, I was convinced that this is nothing but a sweet story about how two people fall in love over time. Atsushi was beyond adorable as a child and a heartbreaker once he grows up. Once you get past the initial "squick" factor (note: nothing lewd or illegal transpires between adult Yuuji and elementary student Atsushi), I'm sure you will thoroughly enjoy this delightful story!

~ M

No comments:

Post a Comment