Tuesday, October 27, 2015

I ❤ Yaoi: First Kiss by Nishida Higashi

Greetings yaoi lovers! This weeks feature is First Kiss by Nishida Higashi.

Years ago while in school, Yuri stole Yumino's first kiss completely out of the blue. Yumino didn't fall in love, but the moment stayed with him for many years. At his wife's funeral, Yumino notices Yuri among the mourners and the two strike up a somewhat strained friendship.

I'm not quite sure what I think of this one shot. It felt unfinished and I didn't believe that Yuri was truly in love with Yumino. I don't want to give away major plot points, but if you read this manga, you'll know exactly what I mean. In my opinion, this manga seemed like an excuse for a sex scene and that's pretty much it. The story was interesting at first, but it went downhill pretty quickly and left me confused.

~ M

2 comments:

  1. Of course Yuri is truly in love with Yumino. He just couldn't think Yumeno will respond to his feelings so he... Anyway, this oneshot is very sad, especially the sex scene, this is the saddest sex scenes I've ever read in BL manga.

    ReplyDelete