Tuesday, August 23, 2016

I ❤️ Yaoi: Boku no Kirai na Otouto by Kamo Nabako

Good morning, yaoi lovers! This week's selection is Boku no Kirai na Otouto by Kamo Nabako.

When their parents married, Shiina gained a stepbrother five years his junior, Kazuya. Kazuya is a picky eater and only eats the food prepared by Shiina, who is a chef.

But as Kazuya grows older, he became more and more distant, leaving Shiina feeling at a loss from the growing distance between them.

When Kazuya enters high school he completely changes. Shiina is shocked that is little brother violated him and runs away from home. 


Hmmm... I read some of the comments pertaining to this manga, but decided to give it a try anyway. Unfortunately the commenters were right. First, let me talk about the good. I loved the artwork and Shiina is a sweet, likeable character. When readers are first introduced to Kazuya, he is a cute 15-year-old, but as he grows older, he turns into the worst kind of jerk. In my opinion, there is really isn't anything Kazuya can do to redeem himself, but I'm sure the author has something in mind. I can't say this manga is horrible, but it will definitely make you angry.

~ M

No comments:

Post a Comment