Thursday, August 17, 2017

Book Review: Year One (Would It Be Okay to Love You?) by Amy Tasukada

An robot fanboy. An erotic voice actor. Will their secrets overwhelm their love?

Sato doesn’t get out much. The anime company accountant spends his days at a desk and his nights working on his own small-scale robots. His geeky life is like a dream, but it has just one piece missing…

The world only knows Aoi for his moans. The erotic voice actor has legions of fangirls obsessed with his gasps of simulated ecstasy. And his new boyfriend Sato can barely handle the attention.

As Aoi’s popularity rises and secrets about his past begin to reveal themselves, can the accountant and the voice actor rise above their problems to create something real?


This is a sweet, "slice of life" story about two men traversing through life and their relationship. Both characters are very likeable and there is very little angst. The book basically consists of small moments in their relationship put on display for readers to enjoy. I must admit that I really enjoyed learning about cheese and honey pizza. I never thought about putting honey on pizza before, but after reading this book, I definitely want to try! I felt like the book ended kind of abruptly and left me with questions, especially regarding Sato's parents. Maybe this is going to be a series and we'll find out more in "Year Two".

I received a copy of this book from the author and voluntarily provided my honest review.

Buy Links
Amazon

~ M

No comments:

Post a Comment