Friday, March 31, 2017

Book Review: Left Behind (Finding My Forever #3) by Michele Notaro

Levi Maher is a successful photographer in Baltimore and has a wonderful motley crew of family members and friends whom he loves very much. The only downside is is love life, or lack thereof. After deciding to go to photography conference to his mind off of all of the personal drama in his life, things seems to go from bad to worse when he finds himself face to face with his nemesis and all-around jerk, Andrew Harrington. Andrew has had some kind of chip on his shoulder when it comes to him, but Levi can't allow his toxicity to get him down. How will the two of them cope when they are forced into several situations together?

I haven't read the previous books in the series, so I had to start from scratch with all of the characters. Most of them were very likeable and seemed like a great bunch of people. Andrew (aka Andy) took a very long time to warm up to, but in the end I grew to like him. At first he seemed very one-dimensional, but as the story progressed, he revealed layer after layer. Levi was very sweet, persistent and had an almost saint-like patience.

In terms of writing, everything looked really good. I did feel as though there were too many conversations and scenes with side characters, which ended up weighing down the book too much in my opinion. Even though I really liked the side characters, I wanted more of the story to be focused on Levi and Andy.

All in all, this is an enjoyable book. It has its fair share of angsty, frustrating, jaw-dropping and fluffy moments, making it a great read. I look forward to reading the previous works as well as the upcoming sequel.


I received a copy of this book from the author and voluntarily provided my honest review.

Buy Link
Amazon

~ M

No comments:

Post a Comment