Tuesday, December 12, 2017

Book Review: Unexpected Christmas by Nell Iris

Daniel Erickson stormed out of his family celebration after choking on turkey served with a side of bigotry. Utterly miserable, he reluctantly lets himself be charmed by the hulk of a man and gets into the stranger’s car...hoping he won’t be axed before the night is through.

Axel Wilson -- Ax for short, unfortunately -- is a sweetheart. Really. He may be badass-looking but his heart melts into goo at the mere mention of his four-year-old niece. Surely he isn’t dangerous?

Thrown together by family drama, the two men spend the evening getting to know each other. Axel is nothing like Daniel expected. But it doesn’t matter that he loves poetry, is gentle and patient -- and hot! -- Daniel is absolutely not falling in love at first sight. There’s no such thing.

Right?


This is a lovely Christmas read that I really enjoyed! It's very short, but I was immediately immersed in the world Nell Iris created. Daniel and Ax are very likable characters that made me root for their happiness and success. Neither has an easy life due to society's preconceived notions based on their sexuality and appearance. However, Daniel and Ax manage to rise above and live their lives to the fullest. I do hope that a sequel is written because I would love to learn more about these two characters. I received a small taste and now I'm hungry for more.

If you're in the mood for a truly sweet, short story that will warm your heart, Unexpected Christmas is the book for you!

 I received a copy of this book from the author and voluntarily provided my honest review.

Buy Links
JMS Books | Amazon

~ M

No comments:

Post a Comment