Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Book Review: Harlan's Ryde (Synchronous Seductions #1) by Havan Fellows

Harlan and Ryder dated for six months in college. Due to his insecurities, Ryder cheated and effectively broke Harlan's heart. Seven years later, Ryder is more determined than ever to win back Harlan after he made such a mess of their relationship the last time.

Even though the characters made me want to scream and rip my hair out, I quite liked this short story. Ryder was a cocky bastard, but somehow the author managed to make me feel sorry for him at various points in the story. I was naturally on Harlan's side due to him being the hurt party, so his pain really broke my heart. I think I most liked the fact that this story really made me feel the emotions of the characters so vividly. The scene in which Ryder ties up Harlan in an effort to keep him quiet and prevent him from running away before hearing him out made me a little uncomfortable, but fortunately it didn't last very long.


Buy Harlan's Ryde here.

~ M

No comments:

Post a Comment